The Senior School consists of Years 11–12. All students in the Senior School study core subjects in line with the Queensland Curriculum & Assessment Authority (QCAA), plus a range of elective Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Study Area Specific (SAS) subjects including:
- English or English Communication;
- Mathematics A or Pre-Vocational Mathematics;
- Science in Practice;
- Social and Community Studies;
- Recreational Studies;
- Certificate II in Business BSB20115; units here
- Certificate II in Visual Arts CUA20715; units here
- Certificate II in Community Services CHC22015; units here
- Certificate I in Hospitality SIT10216; units here
- Certificate II in Hospitality SIT20316 units here
For more information about these courses please view our Student Handbook.
Carinity Education – Southside is focused on offering training to meet industry standards. Our team at Southside liaise with various businesses within the local community to ensure students are provided with an opportunity to participate in work placement. Incorporating VET courses in the school curriculum has been a great success as students are able to gain hands on experience, as well as qualifications and specific skills they can transfer into the workplace. During and upon the completion of the courses, many students are able to secure employment or traineeship/apprenticeships as a result.
Students are able to participate in school-based traineeships and/or apprenticeships in areas not covered by our scope as an RTO. Additionally some students participate in the Schools’ TAFE program in areas such as Childcare, Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy or other Certificate courses offered by an external RTO such as Certificate II in Automotive. These courses range from Certificate I to Diploma level and contribute points toward the Queensland Certificate of Education.